As your Labour and Co-operative Party councillor,I will campaign for what is important to you and fight for the needs of the community in which we live and work.
I am a teacher of young people with autism, love music and play saxophone and guitar.I’m passionate about our environment, inclusivity and making our roads safer, particularly for children.
We already have three amazing Labour city councillors in Canterbury City South working tirelessly to represent local residents on a Tory-dominated council that prioritises the interests and profits of big business.
With a Labour and Co-operative Kent County Councillor, we can do more and ensure that decisions made by KCC that affect our city are made with local knowledge and expertise.
As your councillor, I will fight for:
- More open spaces and play areas.
- Free bus passes for school children.
- More crossings on Old Dover Road, New Dover Road & St Georges Place.
- An action plan to improve bio-diversity.
- Measures to improve air quality and congestion including an eastern by-pass.
- Connective and safer cycle / footpaths around the district.
- Improved care services that put users at the heart of their care packages.
- Better special educational needs provision.
- Community hubs for local businesses and people.